Happy New Year Everyone! Last year I had 4 resolutions…
1. Be Healthier: This year was hectic! Eating right and exercising kind of fell by the way side. Jared, Jack and I are all too heavy and need to lose some pounds! Patrick needs to fatten up! Mostly Fail Patrick is at a very healthy weight, but the rest of us are still too heavy. Eating has been mostly take out and fast food. Hopefully implementing routine in the boys life will help implement some better habits in my own. This resolution stays for this coming year.
2. Save Money: We want to buy a house this year, so we need to save, save, save. It’s totally doable as long as we don’t spend frivolously. Mostly Pass As most of you know, we did get our first house this year. I’d still like to save some money. Our emergency fund is in bad shape – but overall we are doing pretty well! Saving money never hurts!
3. Be more consistent about walking/exercising the dogs. I am going to make sure they get out more – its good for them and for me! Mostly Pass Living in our house has made walking the dogs and letting them out so much easier. There are more places to walk and play! Seeing as Jack needs to lose weight I’ll have to increase this some more, but overall I feel good about the improvement!
4. Be better about staying in contact with friends and family. I want to write everyone at least once a week. I was really bad about it this year. Giant Epic Fail I talk to my mom regularly, but everyone else kind of goes by the wayside. Hopefully my brother having a new baby soon will bring me around to staying in touch better. I must do better here. Family is important!
For 2010 I am going to focus on:
- Health Needs to have a more important role in human and dog lives. I would like everyone to be healthy and happy.
- More family contact. Living 3000miles away from home is not a good reason – technology makes things easy!
- Be tidier around the house – if I do a little bit everyday it should never be a huge job!
- POST MORE! I sure did slack for a while there.
What are you guys doing for new year? Any fun plans or resolutions?
Finally I leave you with a slideshow of some of our favourite pictures of 2009!